Join our team at ContainerWest!
At ContainerWest we put a lot of energy into making sure the people we recruit are the right fit for our team. We are family owned and operated with a strong focus on putting people first. We operate in a fast paced, supportive, dynamic and friendly environment. If you are a results-oriented, motivated self-starter with excellent organizational and people skills, please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
SHOP SUPERVISOR (Foreman)
ContainerWest Manufacturing Ltd. is a leading supplier of shipping containers and container-based buildings in Western Canada. We are looking to add a Shop Supervisor (Foreman) to oversee construction of custom modular steel buildings at our centrally located manufacturing facility on Mitchell Island, in Richmond. This position offers stable work on an annual salary, consistent hours and an interesting variety of projects. It is ideal for someone with experience supervising multiple trades.
- Acts as coach and leader: assigns work, leads kickoff meetings with Engineering, sets individual targets, has the authority to stop a job that’s off track.
- Is visible and available at all times. Is hands-on, and pitches in to help.
- Is responsible for safety, and for creating a culture of safety
- Carries out hold points, sign-offs and other quality initiatives.
- Helps develop jigs, fixtures and locators to lower production times.
- Provides design and estimating feedback.
- Helps develop standard procedures and gives technical instruction.
- You will be involved in, but not solely responsible for: recruiting, HR, shop tooling.
- Experience with multiple trades, such as welding, carpentry, electrical, painting, and insulation.
- Construction management experience is an asset
- Passionate about cleanliness, organization and doing it right the first time.
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills – written & verbal.
- Will train on supervisory skills, but supervision experience is an asset.
Customer service is a core value, and we pride ourselves on being practical, mindful of cost, honest and team-oriented. We love to help our customers bring their vision to life. We enjoy the wide variety & challenge of our work, the opportunities to learn, and the supportive and friendly team environment.
This is a full-time salary position with benefits based out of our manufacturing facility on Mitchell Island (under the Knight St. Bridge in Richmond). This is not an office position; the successful candidate will primarily be on their feet actively leading shop activities.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter through Indeed. We will be reviewing applications as they come in.
Job Type: Full-time