Join our team at ContainerWest!
At ContainerWest we put a lot of energy into making sure the people we recruit are the right fit for our team. We are family owned and operated with a strong focus on putting people first. We operate in a fast paced, supportive, dynamic and friendly environment. If you are a results-oriented, motivated self-starter with excellent organizational and people skills, please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
ContainerWest Manufacturing Ltd. is a leading supplier of shipping containers and container-based modular buildings in Western Canada. We are excited to add an experienced Project Manager to our Team to manage custom modification projects from bid to completion. Reporting to the Director of Manufacturing, this individual will work closely with customers and with several departments to ensure projects are completed successfully. From container cabins to generator enclosures, this interactive role provides variety and challenge for an engineer or technologist with strong communication skills and experience in building construction.
- Manage custom modification projects from quote to completion
- Respond to customer inquiries, screen prospective projects, and prepare estimates & quotes
- Track project documentation, implement change orders, and manage customer expectations
- Screen potential RFQs, write proposals and submit bids
- Review engineering drawings and manufacturing details to ensure requirements have been met
- Collaborate & communicate with Logistics, Engineering, Manufacturing and Accounting to ensure successful completion of your projects.
- Provide excellent customer service, build trust, and anticipate the needs of customers
- Diligently enter project details into our ERP system
- Minimum of a technical diploma – engineering degree preferred
- 5+ years of Project Management in construction, engineering or custom manufacturing
- Must understand engineering drawings and technical requirements
- Proven estimating and quote writing ability
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Outlook, Excel, & Word
- Organized, self-motivated, and able to create your own structure / systems
- Team oriented with strong interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with modular buildings is an asset
- PMP certification is an asset
- Experience with consultative sales and negotiations is an asset
- Experience with ERP systems is an asset
Customer service is a core value, and we pride ourselves on being practical, mindful of cost, honest and team oriented. We love to help our customers bring their vision to life. We are a small office, and enjoy a fun, upbeat work environment.
This is a full-time salary position with benefits based out of our head office on Mitchell Island (under the Knight St. Bridge in Richmond). Occasional site visits and overtime to meet project deadlines may be required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to jobs(at)containerwest.com, and note “Project Manager” in the subject line. We will be reviewing applications as they come in.
ContainerWest Manufacturing Ltd. is a leading supplier of shipping containers and container-based buildings in Western Canada. We are based out of Richmond, with yards across BC, AB, SK and MB. In business since 1977, we have expanded from the sale and rental of basic containers, into a full service company providing conceptual design, detailed engineering, manufacturing, delivery and installation of custom modified buildings and enclosures. We produce a wide range of standard and custom products, such as: container homes, storage buildings, construction site offices, generator enclosures, wastewater treatment plants, fire training facilities, staff living quarters and retail kiosks. Learn more about us at www.containerwest.com