Join our team at ContainerWest!
At ContainerWest we put a lot of energy into making sure the people we recruit are the right fit for our team. We are family owned and operated with a strong focus on putting people first. We operate in a fast paced, supportive, dynamic and friendly environment. If you are a results-oriented, motivated self-starter with excellent organizational and people skills, please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fitter / Welder
ContainerWest is the leading supplier of shipping containers and container-based buildings in Western Canada. We sell them, make them into things, rent them at your location and rent them at our location (ie mini-storage or stacked, on-demand storage). To keep this all going we employ a fleet of over 30 pieces of equipment.
We are looking for an experienced heavy duty mechanic to provide leadership and support to our resident mechanic on a part-time basis. This position is perfect for someone looking for a flexible schedule or to focus on the knowledge aspects rather than physical strength. Old guys welcome.
- Help maintain our fleet of forklifts, container handlers, trucks, cranes and construction equipment.
- Focus on troubleshooting, job work plan and sequencing of steps, fix or replace decisions, larger rebuild projects, parts sourcing and identifying what will need repair.
- Work with a mechanic, shop planner, purchasing, shop supervisor
- Depending on the skills of the applicant there may be opportunities to do other work including equipment operation, yard and building projects, and field construction jobs.
- This is a part-time position based out of our head office on Mitchell Island (near the Knight St. Bridge in Richmond). We are flexible on what the schedule can look like, but should be a minimum of 16 hours per week.
- Decades of experience fixing heavy equipment.
- Formal ticket preferred, but not required.
- Class 1 or 3 license an asset.
- Stable employment history.
Customer service is a core value, and we pride ourselves on being practical, mindful of cost, honest and team-oriented. We enjoy the wide variety & challenge of our work, the opportunities to learn, and a friendly, engaged team. Generally, we show a bias toward action and strive to find ways over, around, or through barriers to success including achieving results despite a lack of resources.
Full-time, permanent with potential for overtime hours. We offer extended health care benefits after the trial period.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter through Indeed or email us at jobsBC@containerwest.com. We will be reviewing applications as they come in.